12.18.2011

Kokopelli Holiday Shindig!

It's about one week before Christmas now and what better way to start the Winter break than to spend it with Kokopelli once again?
Last weekend was our, "Ugly Sweater Dress Rehearsal" PLUS the two WinterSong shows (afternoon and evening) and our last rehearal of 2011 was on Wednesday. It felt ridiculously strange not being at rehearsal on Monday due to it being cancelled for voice-rest.

Friday was our annual Koko Christmas party, hosted by Natalia K! Basically, it was a private little holiday gathering at her house and members all got together, bringing lots of good food, entertainment - we are Kokopelli, so we ARE the entertainment - presents and love all into one house. I brought a platter of mini baked potatos and a bottle of wine as a gift for our beautiful hostess.
We were supposed to start off our evening with food and drinks...but the deal was that before we got to eat, we had to sing. Kind of a good deal I'd say because I'm sure we'd all rather sing than say grace. Plus, it's better to sing when you're not full! We serenaded Natalia's family with, "Stay" with Chad O. half conducting us and Natalia inserting little jokes in between notes. I absolutely love it when people ask us to perform randomly. There's no pressure to sound performance perfect. As long as we have the ability to bring joy to people's hearts, we are all happy to do so!

As I've mentioned before, our night was filled with good food, jokes, laughter, opening presents and music. I'm so happy we all got the chance to enjoy one another's company before our break begins.
I'm still amazed at how a group of people become so significant to your life in such a short amount of time. I realize that now that they are in my life, I could never live without them. All of these people have become so important to me and they have helped shape me into who I am today and I know they will continue to better me for the future. Can't wait for rehearsals to start up again in 2012!

-chantalnguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment