12.08.2011

Hugs&Kisses...I love you all

You have no idea how happy and proud of a person I am today. After the Shep Winter Concert lon Tuesday night, I finally know how my conductors/directors feel after such good performances as I am still on cloud nine.

Shep Chorus and Shep Singers...I can't even find the words to describe how insanely proud I am of you guys. I was so nervous before the show and after? I was so blown away. I am so proud to call you mine. You're my pride and joy and I'm so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life.

Shep Chorus: I think I scared them all shitless the very first rehearsal as I was just sitting there on the conductor's chair, eyeing them all down...I still do that...but I'm sure that they're all used to me by now. I know I'm slightly tough on them and I work them all hard but as any director, it's because I want them to be the best you can be. Up until this day, I hope none of them really hate me. I want to get to know all of them so much more and want them all to get to know me! (Come talk to me, I swear, I don't actually bite.)

Always know that I am always here and willing to help you and be your friend. Congratulations on last night's performances. You all did me proud...now WORK HARDER. We've still got an extremely long way to go!

To my Beautiful Six (Shep Singers): Where do I even start? G. Maluzynsky had left me to hand pick these girls back in September myself. Did I make the right decisions? You BET your asses I did. I am SO ridiculously privileged to be working with them and getting to know them(and everyone else) this year. They always make my days, even my week much brighter and my heart melts every single time I hear them sing.

I love how we can always tell eachother things; about how we feel. I love how we can always share a good story and a good laugh and even a good cry at times. (I always start it for some odd reason...) I love how we're all so close to one another. I love how friendships always blossom from even the strangest of situations. I love how we're like family. I love you girls so much. Keep up your hard work and keep making me super proud.

My lovely six at having the annual traditional pre-concert dinner at BP's

Not only did the performers surprise me with their outstanding performance but they made a speech for me and brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers! ...That was SO UNCALLED FOR. I AM SO MAD AT THEM! They actually made me cry in public. I'm was and am still so touched. That was very thoughtful of them to do that for me, although they seriously didn't have to. But since they did...I would like to brag about it!

Here are the comments they wrote in my card:

"Thankyou for everything, we love you!" -Bailey W

"Hey Chantal! It's been an amazing period of time singing with you! You have such a beautiful voice and you are such a beautiful person. Thankyou SO MUCH for sticking with us :) Love you always!" -Joanna C

"Thankyou for everything, Chantal! It's been so much fun working and singing with you!" -Michelle T

"You are amazing. Where would we be without you? I don't know. Thanks for all your help. You are a wonderful friend!" -Leah M

"We love you!" -Lexi S

"Chantal,
Thankyou so much or always being here. And thankyou for being my friend. You're incredible and ust so wonderful. I love you so much." -Lyndsay B

"Chantal,
Thanyou so much for being there not only for the [Shep] Singers, but the Chorus as well. I love that we get to share our progress with such a lovely girl. Over the past few months, you've become more than just a teacher but a friend too. We're blessed to have ou as a member of our singers family.
Love&such" -ShelbyLynn C

Thankyou for making my life just so easy when I am around you guys. I am so blessed that I get to watch you all grow as young musicians day by day. I love you all. AND SERIOUSLY. NO MORE FLOWERS AND SPEECHES. I REFUSE to cry in public a second time!

-chantalnguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment