12.22.2011

Joy To The World

It is now three days until Christmas and my family and I are far from being prepared for it. December really isn’t the happiest time of the year. It’s incredibly stressful and really quite miserable. I mean kids really get into it, but as you get older, there’s not really much you look forward to anymore. All the things you want, you can kind of just purchase for yourself and let’s face it, Christmas break? What break? ADULTS DON’T HAVE ANY BREAKS! The older you get, the more work you get. And the work just never ends. However, everyone was taught the quote, “try to find the light at the end of every tunnel” from when they were young...I guess we all have to at least try to find a little piece of happiness within the depressing holiday season. I can’t really say much about this because you my friend are talking to a depressed person in December. I’m not saying that I’m like The Scrooge or anything...it’s just harder to get me into the spirit of things. If you took a look at my calendar/schedule for this month alone, you’d just pass out. I’m not kidding. I’ve had performances at least once per week ever since December started. Top it off with unexpected errands, my teaching job, my other job and the stress of trying to organize this into all one page. It’s a pain in the ass. But in the mess of it all, I’ve been so happy to get to be spending it with friends, and now I get to spend a little bit of time at home with my family and not go anywhere too far for a good week. I just wish that everybody could see the light in things instead of being so pessimistic all the time. It's Christmas, we all should just at least be kind to one another.

Anyhow, since I have the week off though, I’m now looking ahead into 2012 where I’m just ecstatic to be barrelled down in homework from University, rehearsals, performances, leaving town for my aunt’s birthday, preparing my kids for Alberta Choral-Fest, Jazz Festival and Night of Music’s Honour Choir, learning the accompaniment to those songs and worrying about making enough money to go on tour, which by the way we have four tours from January to June. It’s going to be a tiring and stressful 2012...BUT I CAN'T WAIT!

-chantalnguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment